Summer is well and truly upon us, which means getting outside and enjoying the weather when it lasts. But you’ll want something delicious to come back inside for when the sun goes down and it’s time for dinner, and this recipe, while somewhat involved, will pay dividends in the taste department.
Coming from Ambitious Kitchen, this delicious gluten free Summer meal is great if you want to impress your friends. The only potential downside is that the prep time may be disproportionate to the amount of time it takes to consume this delicacy.
- 1 pound salmon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Davidson’s Raw & Unheated Organic Honey
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce, gluten free if desired
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, if desired
- 1/2 of a whole pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into small chunks (so you don’t have to cut later)
- 3/4 cup uncooked organic quinoa
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh limes to squeeze, if desired
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds, for topping
- In a large bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients: brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, pineapple juice, mustard, sesame and olive oil, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes if desired. Place salmon in large zip lock bag and add marinade. Asics Pas Cher Place in refrigerator for up to 8 hours but at least 1 hour. You can also marinade it in a baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C (about 400F). Spray baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Air Yeezy Vendre
Remove salmon from zip lock bag and place skin side down on large baking pan lined with foil. Yadier Molina Authentic Jersey Line pineapple next to salmon and brush leftover marinade on salmon and pineapple. chaussures nike Sprinkle with a little bit of extra brown sugar for extra caramelization. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until salmon easily flakes with fork. It is best to broil the salmon for a minute or two at the end to get an additional caramelisation on top.
- Nike Air Max 2017 Uomo Nere
Just be sure not to dry out your fish! 18 minutes is usually perfect timing! *See notes for additional information on cooking times.
- While salmon is cooking, prepare quinoa. A.J. McCarron Alabama Football Jerseys Bring water and coconut milk to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low; add quinoa and cover; simmering until all liquid is absorbed. Adam Wainwright Jersey Remove from heat and let stand another 5-10 minutes. Air Flight 89 Fluff the quinoa with a fork and set aside. Add in red onion and cilantro to quinoa. Adidas ZX Flux Heren Once salmon is finished cooking, remove pineapple from baking sheet and fold into quinoa. Season with salt and lime juice to taste.
- Spoon pineapple quinoa evenly into 4 bowls or plates. Cut salmon into desired serving sizes and serve with quinoa. Aaron Murray Jerseys Garnish with a tablespoon or two of toasted almonds. Drizzle with extra honey if desired.